Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Toast to Halloween

Now that I'm an "adult" (forgive the quotation marks; sometimes I have trouble believing it), the idea of hosting dinner parties is very intriguing to me. Unfortunately, since I have no dining room and use a folding card table--albeit a decent one--for eating, the dream of throwing a great shindig is, alas, far off. I do occasionally have a person or two over for dinner, and I spent last New Year's drinking cosmos on the couch with three of my friends, but if you put any more than about five people total in my apartment, it gets a little crazy, and that makes me very sad, because I would love to have myself a really good Halloween bash.

Everyone would have to be in costume, of course, and cheesy Halloween music would play all night long. Spooky treats would abound, and we would drink fabulous mock- and cocktails. The great thing is, I already have the stemware for it:


It's called Amber Crackle Stemware, and it's available from Pier 1 Imports. Pieces are sold individually, and right now they're going for $5.49 each. You can't really tell from the photo above, but there is a very delicate crackle pattern that goes about halfway up the bowl, and when you combine that with the color--a pale orange, which can be festive for autumn and then subdued for summer, if you're looking for something versatile--this set would pair well next to black, white, or orange dishes. The glasses must be washed by hand, but I think that's a small price to pay for looking fabulous!

See details at Pier 1 Imports.

Image via Pier 1 Imports.

-Cate-

PS Happy birthday, Scott Weiland! Everybody's favorite wayward singer turns 43 today.

No comments:

Post a Comment