Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Greater Pumpkin

So, there's this girl my dad works with, and every year at Christmastime, she makes these fantastic little loaves of pumpkin bread with chocolate chips in them. They are stupid delicious, and I know this because I usually end up eating all of them on my own. The other day, I went grocery shopping and came across a box of pumpkin bread mix from Pillsbury, and that was that--I knew I had to replicate this recipe. Really, it's very straightforward--just make the bread according to the directions and stir in about 3/4 cup chocolate chips. Or you can make muffins, instead, which is exactly what I did. Then, ta-da! You end up with this:


It may not look like much from the outside--just your standard muffin, right? But open it up, and it's wonderful!


I handed them out to a couple of people, who seemed to enjoy these little lumps of love. You might find them to be a great Halloween treat--pumpkins and chocolate are two standard favorites of the holiday, after all! Either way, I recommend whipping up a batch; you won't regret it!

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment