Monday, May 17, 2010

Kicking Ass

I'm not much of a TV watcher. This is not to say that I don't like television shows; in fact, I really do. It's more that I don't have it in me to sit down at the same time every week to catch the latest episodes. I guess I would call myself a TV on DVD girl.

One of the shows that I actually tried very hard to keep up with when it was on was Alias. I was in high school when it premiered; in fact, I can remember watching the first episode (commercial-free!), and I was immediately hooked. Maybe it was Jennifer Garner's hot-pink hair. Maybe it was Victor Garber shooting a gun while driving backward. Maybe it was Michael Vartan. Whatever the reason, I loved Alias then, and I still love it now.

Sure, it has its kooky moments, most of them revolving around Milo Rambaldi, the mysterious prophet with whom Sydney Bristow's boss is obsessed. But those moments are are outweighed by the ass kickings, far-flung locales, and really great disguises. Plus, I'm a fan of action movies, and so the whole of Alias feeds into my need for explosions and shoot-outs. In fact, I recently rewatched the entire series (which I usually do about once a year) and found that I was just as satisfied by it now as I was back when it first started. 

If you haven't checked it out, you might consider watching at least the first episode, "Truth Be Told." Or maybe you could convince me to check out your favorite show, since I'm always trying to find a new series to keep me occupied between reading books and working!

Buy season one of Alias on DVD through Best Buy for $24.99.

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment