Sunday, May 2, 2010

Upscale Hobo

My two favorite styles of handbags are totes and hobos. I like totes because they are (generally) structured and can fit my notebook, folders, and even a book or two in addition to a wallet, sunglasses, planner, et cetera. Hobos strike my fancy because they are spacious and can take a beating because of their lack of structure.

Furla's Elisabeth Hobo in cream python print is a great example of a classy hobo: the neutral color, unobtrusive pattern, and nice design all scream "young society woman." All right, well, maybe not just any young society woman; this bag is for the fashion-forward young society woman. Also, I like the fact that it's faux python, because while I love the look of python, I would never carry genuine python; it weirds me out too much.

Aside from this particular hobo, I'm kind of a fan of Furla, anyway. They are an under-the-radar brand, established but neither flashy nor overly popular. Of course, some of their pieces do fall flat for me, but by and large, I appreciate their unfussy approach to handbags. I highly recommend checking them out.

Buy the Elisabeth Hobo through Bluefly for $345.00.

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment