Sunday, May 23, 2010

Your Folding Friend

Last week, I mentioned that I'm a pretty big fan of tote bags. I wasn't kidding. And I'm not done talking about totes, either. This week, I want to tell you all about the Longchamp Le Pliage tote. Because, well, it might change your life a little bit.

While that may seem like a pretty big exaggeration, I feel like it's a legitimate statement. You see, the Le Pliage has four things going for it. First, it is made from nylon with leather straps, making it lightweight, durable, and easy to clean. Second, it comes in a range of sizes, many of which are available with long or short handles, to suit all of your needs. Third, Longchamp offers this, their most well-known bag, in an array of colors, so you can coordinate it with your outfits.

The fourth, and maybe most impressive thing, is that the Le Pliage folds. (In fact, the name of the bag itself means "folding.") At first glance, this may not seem like an impressive thing, but trust me--it comes in handy, especially when you're trying to pack your bags for a trip. Folded, the Le Pliage barely takes up any room at all and fits right at the bottom of your suitcase underneath clothes, toiletries, and shoes. This simple fact makes it perfect for any woman on the go.

Mine is a pear green color, good for spring and summer. One of the most popular colors of the Le Pliage is bilberry, a deep dusty purple. I use it for work and as an everyday bag; many girls use it in place of a backpack when they go off to college. And although it is on the pricey side, I think that it is well worth the money. Longchamp also offers personalization through their website, but as the custom-made bags are assembled in France, shipping is a bit steep.

I really think that everyone should check this out. You're sure to find the right model for yourself!

Buy the large size through Nordstrom for $145.00.

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment