Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Classy Cutlery

Last week, I wrote about the set of china I would like to have someday, a decision that was prompted by my grandmother. Around the same time I chose that china, I also decided to pick out a set of nice (read: formal) flatware.

Although the design I chose does not necessarily "go" with the aforementioned Lenox Federal Platinum china, it is very much my style, with clean, straight lines and no frills. It is Todd Hill stainless flatware from kate spade, one of my favorite American brands. Spade is no longer the head of her eponymous company, but her influence is still clearly felt in every product the company sells, and this flatware to me epitomizes the kate spade aesthetic: simple, yet visually pleasing.

Perhaps I will eventually settle on a set of flatware that better coordinates with my (as yet still unattained) china, but in the meantime, I will continue to covet Todd Hill.

Buy a five-piece place setting through Macy's for $67.00.

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment