Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The State of the Room

Although my personal design aesthetic tends toward Mid-Century Modern and almost nothing else, I do like a whimsical touch here and there around the house. Which is why I think that the hand embroidered state pillow from Uncommon Goods is the perfect accessory.

These pillows--available for all 50 states--look like old postcards and feature towns, notable landmarks, and information about the state in question, such as nicknames or an illustration of the state bird. My favorite is the Michigan pillow, of course, since that's my home state, and I also like the North Carolina pillow, because that's where I live. But I also think that the Kentucky pillow is fantastic, and the Florida pillow had me at hello, mostly because it has a flamingo on it. Another standout is the New Jersey pillow, decorated with cute purple flowers and a neat little goldfinch.

Which state is yours? Do you like the pillow that represents it?


-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment