Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Bag with Sting

I spent Labor Day weekend at home in Michigan this year, and I had hoped to catch some sales, since I've been looking for a new pair of flats to replace the pair I got from Target which is now falling apart, which is very unfortunate. However, I neglected to factor a couple of things into my shopping trip: in addition to the four-day weekend had by all public school kids, Labor Day this year also more-or-less coincided with Ramadan and Rosh Hashana, which meant that even more girls were out shopping, looking for a nice outfit to celebrate the end of fasting or a little treat for the new year. On the one hand, it's nice to see so much celebration in the world. On the other hand, Nordstrom was packed. 

So the shoe thing was a bust. I actually tried very hard to get myself this pair (in black with silver) of Tory Burch Reva Flats, but they were totally out of my size, which is probably the universe's way of telling me that I don't need those shoes, but that's not the point. Anyway, I wandered over to the handbag section to take a look around and see if there was anything cute within my price range. Of course, there was not. But I did find a bag to covet, which is good, because otherwise I wouldn't have anything to write about today!


It's the Alice Pleated Clutch from Halston Heritage, made of stingray-embossed leather, and I love it. The retro pleats really scream Halston, which is nice--I really appreciate that the company is sticking to its aesthetic. And given the size of the bag, it is actually practical! (Remember when I was looking for an oversized clutch, inspired by repeated viewings of Sex and the City?) And the stingray texture, which is making something of a comeback (see this entry at PurseBlog and this great bag from Yves Saint Laurent), adds visual interest and a certain flair to the bag. Personally, I think it would pair well with a party dress or a power suit--it's that versatile!

Buy through ShopBop for $245.00.

Photo via ShopBop.

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment