Sunday, September 26, 2010

Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey...Stuff

As you may or may not be aware, I'm kind of a nerd.

I began enjoying science fiction at a young age, when my brother influenced me with things like Star Wars and Farscape. He also enjoyed Star Trek, but I must have been eating chips whenever that came up, because my interest there extends to this fantastic video, and that's it.)

In my later years, I discovered Doctor Who. Most everyone I heard from loved David Tennant, but I started with Christopher Eccleston, and I still think Tennant kind of looks funny.

Now, of course, our police-boxed Time Lord, the Doctor, is in his eleventh incarnation, still not a ginger, and portrayed by Matt Smith, a man with a large chin and a very boring name. A lot of people don't seem to like him, but I think that is mainly because they wanted to have David Tennant's babies. I also stopped watching at some point after it became more convenient for me to go outside (I don't have BBC America!), so I don't know what happened after the latest series made the Weeping Angels utterly un-terrifying.

But still, I like Doctor Who. Time travel is fun, time travel in phone booths is fun, sonic screwdrivers are fun, and bow ties are cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment