Saturday, July 10, 2010

Battling the Heat

In the middle of the summer, I have a really hard time wearing heels. The heat gives me blisters, so I prefer to wear flat shoes. And in my opinion, for the past two or three years, no flat shoe has been more suggestive of summertime and carefree living than the gladiator sandal, a shoe that it took me awhile to get used to but that I now like.

Now, Lola Leon--Madonna's daughter--would disagree with me, and quite emphatically, I might add (scroll down to the next-to-last paragraph of that post for more information). She maintains that gladiator sandals have run their course. I think that they still have some life in them yet, although I have to say that they are probably on their way out. In the meantime, let's enjoy one last hurrah, shall we?

My favorite current incarnation is from Topshop, that British sensation that has caught the eye of many a fashionista. This particular shoe combines gladiators with that retro gem, the jelly shoe. I have many fond memories of jelly shoes from my childhood, and I think that gladiator jellies are exactly what the doctor ordered for summer 2010.

Buy through Topshop for $24.00.

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment