Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cut It Out

I'm about to make a confession, and I hope that you won't hold it against me: paper dolls fascinate me.

Tom Tierney's paper dolls are especially fascinating. They're quite true to life, such as the Great Fashion Designs of the Thirties book, which painstakingly recreates such classic designs as the Schiaparelli lobster dress, seen here. I am also quite fond of the Chanel Fashion Review, which shows what a skilled designer Mlle. Coco really was. And the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis book showcases that lady's enduring style. 

Of course, not all of Tierney's works focus on fashion exclusively. There are options from American and British history, both recent and past. Although many of the dolls are difficult to cut out and thus would not be ideal for young girls, I think that many middle-grade girls would be fascinated by these visually stunning specimens.

Buy a wide variety of Tierney's paper dolls through Borders.

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment