Saturday, July 17, 2010

Don't Step on My Blue Leather Shoes

One of the girls I met while I was away on business has these absolutely fantastic blue oxford shoes. And when I say blue, I really mean it. They are a vivid hue that you don't see too often. Of course, I forgot to ask her where she got them. So I ended up having to search high and low for a pair like hers, and all I have to say about that is this: 1. Online stores that do not allow you to search for items by color are bullshit. 2. Apparently the definition of an oxford is a largely subjective thing. 3. For my money, there is no better discourse on the difference between the various shades of blue than the one given by Meryl Streep as Miranda Priestly in The Devil Wears Prada, and that scene kept coming to mind while I was trying to find these frigging shoes (are they blue? cerulean? marine? WHAT?). 

But because I was willing to do anything that would prevent me from being a useful and productive person on that particular day, I was prepared to face this challenge. And then I thought of shopstyle, a really fantastic website that trolls the Internet for you so you don't have to do what I do and look through individual sites. If it wasn't for shopstyle, I never would have found these shoes, which I eventually did! It turns out that they are available from Aldo, which is actually one of my favorite places to shop for shoes, and I can't believe that I didn't think of it myself. Lesson learned.

The moral of the story: if you have ever wanted blue oxfords, now you know where to find them. (In fact, I discovered that there are many blue oxfords out there, so you actually have many options available to you.)

Buy through Aldo for $24.98.

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment