Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Fairy Tale Magic, Bedroom Style

God love Anthropologie. They have some of the most spectacular housewares. Except that none of them fit my personal style. Or so I thought. Turns out straight lines and modern styling are not always what I want. Sometimes I need old-fashioned and whimsical. Hence the reason I've fallen for their Forest Canopy Bed.

I feel like to sleep in this bed would be a little like living inside The Brothers Grimm. And I'm okay with that image, because I love fairy tale movies, especially ones with Matt Damon. (On a side note, my dad went to Boston on business one time when I was in high school and asked me if I wanted any souvenirs. My response? Matt Damon. And would you believe that Dad couldn't deliver? I've never gotten over it. But I digress.)

What really appeals to me about this bed, though, is the fact that it brings nature indoors without actually tracking in all of the mud and twigs. Since I don't care much for nature, this is perfect. (For the record, we have an understanding, Nature and I: it stays out there, I stay in here, and no one gets hurt.) And who doesn't want a canopy bed, anyway? They're so cool!


-Cate-

PS As it happens, I am buying myself a new bed this weekend. Unfortunately, the Forest Canopy Bed is out of my price range. But I promise that I will update you on my purchase once I've had a chance to break it in!

No comments:

Post a Comment