Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Fun in the Sun(glasses)

Versace, as a house, is very hit-or-miss for me. Sometimes they are spot-on; other times, they are too over-the-top. But I have to say that I have a great deal of respect for Donatella Versace, who took over as the artistic director of the house after her brother, Versace founder Gianni, was murdered in 1997 and stayed true to his aesthetic while also integrating her own. And from time to time, I find a Versace piece that I wish I could have. This time around, it's a pair of sunglasses.


How cute are these? They look like they were made for Jackie O, Audrey Hepburn, and Charlotte York all at once. When I was searching for new sunglasses earlier this summer, I tried these on, but decided that 1) they didn't look quite right on me and 2) I couldn't afford them anyway, but I sincerely hope that someone, somewhere discovers these for herself and decides that they are the match for her. (In the meantime, I ended up with a pair of no-name frames that I really adore; unfortunately, they are SO no-name that they don't even exist on the Internet, a phenomenon that seems to be on the rise.) What do your favorite sunglasses look like?


Photo: LensCrafters.

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment