Sunday, July 18, 2010

Could It Be LV Love?

Before I start, I think you should know: I am not a Louis Vuitton girl.

I think that all iterations of the LV monogram (classic, Multicolore, and even the Watercolor) are hideous. The Damier Ebene looks too much like an awful chessboard. Purple Epi leather looks all right, but the perforated Mahina looks like leatherwork gone wrong. However, the Damier Azur is, I think, a great summery pattern, and when combined with the Galliera shoulder bag (PMthe GM is too big, even for me), it makes me very happy, indeed.

Of course, there is that age-old debate about Louis Vuitton canvas bags. The one side wonders why a bag made mostly of treated canvas should cost so much money. But the other side swears that Vuitton canvas is just this side of indestructable and will last you a great deal longer than any other canvas bag you might purchase. As someone who has a tendency to be very hard on her larger bags--between plane rides, road trips, and my clumsy habit of running into doorframes, it's amazing that anything I own holds up--it is very heartening to me to hear that there is a material available that might withstand my life.

Do you agree? Would you have something that is not only less recognizable but also more affordable, or would you be willing to give the Damier Azur bags a go?

Buy through Louis Vuitton for $1,280.00.

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment