Monday, August 2, 2010

"Be Excellent to Each Other"

I won't lie. I'm a sucker for many things in this world. One is nostalgia. Another is Abraham Lincoln. Hence the reasons I covet Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure: it combines those two things.

1) Nostalgia
I grew up watching Bill and Ted. And I loved every second of it: the romance between the guys and medieval babes; Napoleon eating a huge bowlful of ice cream; Billy the Kid, Sigmund Freud, and Socrates hitting on girls in the mall; and so on. Every time I stumble across something about George Carlin, I can't help but think of Rufus. And occasionally, I just like to yell, for no truly apparent reason, "San Dimas High School football rules!" It's like the best trip back to childhood ever, which is appropriate, given the time-traveling theme of the film.

2) Abraham Lincoln
Really, just the fact that it's Abe should be enough. And if it's not, consider the following. A) The man is on the penny AND the five-dollar bill. B) He has his own (very beautiful and moving) memorial AND has been immortalized on Mount Rushmore. C) Come on; he's totally adorable. D) Have you read this lately? E) He very eloquently delivers the message of the film: "Be excellent to each other and PARTY ON, DUDES!"

Buy through Best Buy for $5.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment