Saturday, August 7, 2010

As Sensible As I Can Manage

Just so you know, I'm not really the first person you should turn to for advice on sensible shoes. I will point you toward the more outrageous, more glamorous option almost every time, because I like the visual impact of a great pair of shoes. Brian Atwood has made an adorable pair of 5.5-inch heels? Go for it. What's that you say? Alexander McQueen has a lace-up pseudo-bootie with an etched platform? Why aren't you wearing them yet? You fell in love with the Sculpture Lace Pump from Valentino? I hope they take credit, because YOU NEED THOSE.

Okay, well, maybe I would tell you to think twice about the Valentinos. The point is, the higher, the more intricate, the prettier the shoes, I'm all over them. But a girl can't run around in such footwear all the time, right? So here I am to offer a more down-to-earth selection.

Ann Taylor, as a company, has been plagued with a problem or two of late, but we all make mistakes, and I believe in forgiveness (at least to an extent), and so I'm happy to bring you their Corinne Pointy Platform Pump, which is actually not that pointy, like, say, a Stacy London degree of pointy (you What Not to Wear devotees will know what I mean); rather, it is much more subdued and, I think, more attractive. They are black, making them versatile, and they are constructed of lizard-stamped leather, adding some visual interest, so they are in no way staid or boring. Pair them with a nice wrap dress and a few bangles and you're well on your way to looking like a professional, or wear them out at night with a pencil skirt and shiny top for some fun on the town!

Buy through Ann Taylor for $198.

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment