Friday, August 13, 2010

"He Looked Kind of Nice"

There's something about girl groups from the '60s that makes me really happy. The sound, the look--everything is awesome and fascinating. One girl group song stands out to me above all the others, though, maybe because I've liked it since childhood, thanks largely to this:


Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Adventures in Babysitting changed my life. I so wanted to be Elisabeth Shue, dancing around in that black dress, and I made some serious attempts at recreating her moves. Nowadays, I still love the song, even though I haven't seen the movie in its entirety since I was very young. In fact, it's one of my Top 100.

The lyrics aren't much to scream about. But the song is joyous and lovely in that very Phil Spector way, full of sound and produced to within an inch of its life (which, believe me, is what makes the song worth hearing). And besides--don't we all want to be kissed "in a way that I've never been kissed before"? I think so. And so do the Crystals.

Buy through Amazon for $0.99.

-Cate-

PS To hear something you never thought possible, click here. (Hint: it's a totally unexpected--and quite good--over of the aforementioned song.)

No comments:

Post a Comment