Thursday, August 26, 2010

We're Having a Baby

As you all know by now if you've been reading this blog for any amount of time, there's a baby on the way. Not mine, thank God--I have enough on my plate as it is. But my future niece or nephew is very much on my mind, partly because we're starting to work on plans for the baby shower. And since my brother let me help name his Rottweiler two years ago, I'm kind of hoping that he'll ask me to do the same for the baby. (Clearly those two things are not on the same level as each other, but a girl can dream, all right?) 

You see, the thing is, I LOVE baby name books. No joke. I own one that I use for my fiction writing, and it is pretty spectacular. It's called The Greatest Baby Name Book Ever by Carol McD. Wallace, and it more or less lives up to its name. There are plenty of names listed, with definitions and alternate spellings galore. The names are separated by gender and given in alphabetical order, and many notations are made when names are suitably unisex.

Although this particular book is not very good if you need guidance--it just throws you in--it IS good if you have the time and energy to explore all of your options. I highly recommend it and hope that it will be useful for you!

Buy through Barnes and Noble for $7.19.

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment