Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Welcome to Food We Covet!

Ladies and gentlemen, this is my kitchen:


No, seriously, that's it. Excluding the refrigerator, it is about the size of two and a half linen closets. It consists of a single built-in unit (cabinets with three shelves; a half-sized sink; an electric stovetop with three burners; an electric oven with broken door; an under-sink storage area; and a mini-fridge--on the right side, behind the wooden cart--that is out of commission and in fact has never been opened by me or, as far as I know, the previous tenants). I also have a lovely wooden cart, generously left for me by the couple who lived in my apartment before I did, who are colleagues of mine; it provides much-needed storage for my flatware, utensils, bakeware, and cookware. You cannot see them, but there is a microwave, a toaster, and a coffee maker on top of the cart. And that's it.

This is the place where all of my cooking adventures happen. And I want to share them with you. 

My foci here will be on small dishes suitable for individuals or pairs, as I live alone and rarely need to prepare very much food at once; on imitating (to the best of my abilities) favorite restaurant and family foods; and on simple culinary experimentation. I hope you'll come along for the ride. For the time being, you can expect posts every Wednesday and Saturday. Enjoy!

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment