Saturday, August 7, 2010

Eating Out: Shogun of Racine

At the beginning of the summer, I took a trip to Wisconsin for a wedding and was invited to the bachelorette party. It started at a restaurant, Shogun of Racine.

Shogun is a Japanese steakhouse along the lines of Benihana, where the chefs cook the food on a flat grill right in front of you. That particular night, there were eight of us girls, and I was the only one who didn't order up the "regular" fare; instead, I opted for sushi from Shogun's small bar. And let me tell you, their Philadelphia rolls were a revelation.

Most Philly rolls I've had before consist of smoked salmon, cream cheese, and maybe a bit of cucumber. I've heard that occasionally chefs will add a little bit of chopped green onion to the top. Shogun's Philly rolls have scallions incorporated right into the interior. And the scallions punch up the roll just enough to take it from good to great.

If you're ever in Racine, I recommend checking this place out! Take a look at Shogun's website for more information.

-Cate-

PS This is the first post in a monthly series called Eating Out, which will focus on (what else?) restaurants and my favorite dishes outside my home kitchen. Look for Eating Out on the first Saturday of each month!

No comments:

Post a Comment