Saturday, August 14, 2010

Drive Me Home

Last time I was at the airport, I saw a woman wearing drivers, and suddenly I knew: these are the shoes I need to be wearing. They're a cross between moccasins and loafers--comfort and prep coming together in perfect congress. If I could afford them, I would probably start a drivers collection with the classic ones that Tod's makes, which are even better because they come in navy, literally allowing you to wear blue suede shoes. Alas, at $475.00 (for flats!), they are utterly out of reach.

But have no fear. I have found four acceptable substitutes, all at between 25 and 40 percent of the cost of the Tod's option. First, we have another suede option, this one brown, from Elie Tahari. The Janine Driver costs $198.00 and has a cute little bow at the front, making it stand out from plain drivers. Next, the Frye Reagan Campus Driver brings in a little bit of sunshine for fall with great colors like Banana and will run you $138.00. Then there's Geox's D Grin 39 in red, which is on sale right now for $125.96 and could brighten up any fall outfit. Lastly we have the Keel in black for $145.00, from the ultimate arbiters of prep, Lacoste.

I think that my personal favorites are the Janine for shape and the Reagan for color. Which do you prefer?

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment